West Shore Parks & Recreation (WSPR)
West Shore Parks & Recreation (WSPR) is seeking energetic, organized, and positive-minded facility
maintenance cleaners to keep things clean, in excellent working condition, and help this well-oiled machine
deliver the very best of recreation the Westshore has to offer! Do you like working late nights? Do you aspire
to drive a Zamboni and be the invisible and unstoppable team that helps create the magic? Look no further!
These individuals will need to be quick on their feet, have positive attitudes with the ability to adapt and multi-
task. WSPR is located on the Island Highway and features 108 acres of amazing facilities and green space.
These individuals will have the opportunity to learn about WSPR maintenance department and potentially
move up the ranks to call this their permanent home. In addition to being a part of a wonderful team, these
potential staff members will also be eligible to an additional 14% pay per hour in lieu of benefits. We are able
to offer our dedicated staff a free facility pass that provides access to drop into our weightroom, fitness
classes, pool, and skating rink, as well as the ability to play on our 9-hole golf course.
Come join us – this is a perfect place to work and play!
POSITION: Facility Maintenance Cleaner – multiple positions
SALARY: $27.67 per hour = $24.27 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits (2023 rates)
CLASSIFICATION: J03a-S1, Cleaner
HOURS OF WORK: Casual; applicants must be able to work weekends, evenings, and midnights. Hours
based on organizational needs. There may be an opportunity for advancement to
work as a Facility Maintenance Worker I, II or III at a higher rate of pay, depending on
qualifications and work availability.
CLOSING DATE: March 23rd
, 2023, 12:00PM
COMPETITION #: 23-31
JOB DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Sweep, mop, wash floors and arena stands; vacuum carpeting, area rugs, upholstered furniture; clean
and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures; pick up debris and empty trash containers; clean windows;
perform other duties as required.
• Performs building cleaning functions such as mop washing and stripping, washing, and scrubbing
floors, disinfecting washrooms and changerooms, cleaning public areas, and replenishing supplies.
• Maintains contact with teams, organizations, and the general public, and advises on facilities’ use and
availability according to the booking schedule.
• Set up tables, chairs, and other items as required by users’ contract specifications.
• Dusts furniture and fixtures, washes, and cleans doors and windows, dust mops, collects, and disposes
• Cleans lighting fixtures and changes lights, ceiling panels, globe covers and performs minor repairs.
• Notifies supervisor of needed repairs to rooms and fixtures, including, but not limited to, lighting,
plumbing, and other structural items.
• Maintains the security of the building by ensuring that all doors and windows are locked at the end of
each shift or when areas of the building are not in use and by patrolling the facility to prevent theft and
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High school graduation or equivalent; and some experience in light janitorial or cleaning work.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and the general public.
• Ability to work in and promote a team approach and environment.
• Incumbent must have sufficient physical strength and stamina to perform the required duties.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings and nights, weekdays and weekends is
• Valid Class 5 BC drivers’ licence is required.
• Ice facility operator or refrigeration operator certificate would be an asset.
• Pool operator I certificate would be an asset.
• First aid/CPR certificate would be an asset.
A clear and current criminal record check is a condition of employment and is the financial responsibility of
the successful candidate.
NOTE: Due to WCB Regulations, steel-toed shoes are a requirement for this position.
Resumes and cover letters quoting competition 23-31 to be received prior to March 23rd, 2023, at 12:00PM
Attention: Human Resources, West Shore Parks & Recreation Society, 1767 Island Highway, Victoria BC V9B 1J1,
Fax: (250) 478-8624; email: [email protected]
This is a union position. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Posted: March 2nd, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.