Home support worker in private home – Part time
Description: home support for a senior woman with a disability (the employer)
Days: Sunday, Monday, and Statutory Holidays
Hours: 7.30 am – 2.00 pm (includes ½ hour unpaid lunch break and 15 min paid coffee break), and 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm.
Location: Saanich, Private home
- No experience is required, but a willingness to learn and attention to detail is essential.
- The applicant should be physically fit and able to assist with the exercises and positioning.
- One month probation at 18.50 per hour.
- The regular pay is 19.50 per hour.
- There will be an annual completion bonus.
- The usual deductions are applied, (tax, C.P.P., E.I.).
Job duties (training provided):
- meal preparation, and a few light house chores.
- assistance with personal care such as assisting out of bed, transfers, bathing, positioning in wheelchair and on toilet, dressing, hair wash, urostomy care.
- range of motion and stretches (taught by a physiotherapist).
- operating an overhead lift
- other tasks as requested.
Applicants must have a current Criminal Record, Vulnerable Sector check, and the names and contact information of two references.
- Close to bus routes
- WorkSafe BC coverage.
- This position could be split between two people.
To apply email: [email protected]