Website Gigi's Italian & Specialty Foods
We are a family-owned food store based in Victoria, BC, carrying a large selection of imported, Canadian and local specialty items, with a focus on Italian cuisine. Here you’ll find a curated selection of Italian & specialty meats, cheeses, grocery items, gift and homeware.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about food
- Positive and motivated self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Someone who can work independently to manage daily operations and ensure our customers receive the best possible service
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, staff, and guests
- Experience in a retail setting with cashier experience and point of sale systems
- Food Safe Certification
- Previous food handling preparation is an asset
- Intermediate computer skills including email and Microsoft office
- Performs opening, midday, and closing duties as assigned
- Follows store procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product
- Prepares, packages, weighs, and prices products for sale
- Ensures cases and shelves are clean and well-stocked
- Oversee the cleanliness of the store
- Restock inventory items
- Provides excellent customer service, and addresses the needs of customers in a timely and effective manner
- Maximizes sales potential through proper procedures, merchandising products, and learning about products in the shop
- Ensures the accuracy of signs and pricing
- Performs other duties as assigned by the store
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour workday: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
Part-time hours: 15-30 per week
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Benefits: On-site parking, Store discount
**Please submit a resume and a brief paragraph about what makes you passionate about food**
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit gigisitalianfoods.com.